Agenda for June 14, 2013
- data management lit review – gather book notes for import into NVIVO
work on manuscript MLA systematic review team – search terms
- reflect on annual meeting with Dean – immediate next steps?
- monthly reading group discussion
- agenda for July WAC meeting
- meet with B to discuss public health workshop for Indiana Health Sciences Summit
Monthly reading group discussion
Wiegand, W. A. (1999). Tunnel visions and blind spots: What the past tells us about the present: Reflections on the Twentieth-Century History of American Librarianship, The Library Quarterly, 69(1), 1-32.
Questions to explore further:
- LIS has borrowed from many domains, but what is central to LIS/librarianship – information/knowledge management? information literacy?
- How do we “take back” skills and practices we’ve outsourced to other disciplines? What is worth taking back?
- Value of the MLS as a stand-alone degree? Perhaps it is more valuable as a dual-degree program when grounded in a particular discipline?
Data Management Lit Review
- gather notes from Best Practices in Data Cleaning in Evernote
- review list of resources already imported