Digital Scholarship & Data Management Librarian, IUPUI University Library (10/2011 – present)
- Establish relationships with other campus units to direct researchers to relevant data services and infrastructure and to promote DSP services.
- Develop and maintain guidance documentation for proposal development to funding agencies such as the National Science Foundation.
- Coordinate development of an institutional data repository and associated processes with support from members of the Digital Scholarship Team and Operations Team.
- Gather and share information to guide development of University Library policies relating to data.
- Develop and maintain Data Services Program web content, including a list of open datasets to share with subject liaisons.
- Develop and promote workshops on data management and preservation best practices for faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide individual consultations to researchers regarding data management and preservation best practices and the National Science Foundation Data Management Plan requirement.
- Ongoing needs assessment and program evaluation for the DSP.
- Assist with the daily operations of digital scholarship tools and services, including IUPUIScholarWorks, DSpace, and others.
- Collaborate with subject liaisons to develop faculty involvement with the library’s Program of Digital Scholarship.
Research Assistant, Indiana University Medical Library, Indiana Public Health Digital Library project (06/2010 – 03/2011)
Contribute to the grant mission by completing all steps of the digitization process for a public health digital collection. These steps include materials preparation, scanning, image cleaning and optimizing in Photoshop, OCR processing in ABBYY FineReader, and assigning authoritative metadata using multiple vocabularies (PHIN, MeSH, LCSH, TGM, and Local). Support the use of quality metadata by performing background research on local personal and corporate names, brand names, and archaic terms pertinent to local and state history.
- Prepared IMLS Sparks! Ignition grant proposal in collaboration with supervising librarians.
Intern (volunteer), Indiana University Medical Library, Indiana Public Health Digital Library project (05/2008 – 12/2008)Designed and developed a web portal for the Indiana Public Health digital collection. Cleaned and optimized scans and assigned authoritative metadata to data tables contained within the State Board of Health bulletins.
- Designed and built a web portal to facilitate searching of datasets and access to the INPub digital collection of text, data, images, and public health data