Dossier for Promotion & Tenure
- Coates, H. L. (2016). Dossier for promotion & tenure at IUPUI. doi:10.6084/m9.figshare.3413698.v2
- Coates, H. L. (2016). Information Literacy Course Yields Mixed Effects on Undergraduate Acceptance of the University Library Portal. Evidence Based Library And Information Practice, 11(2), 192-194. doi:10.18438/B8H059
- Coates, H. L. (2015). Library and Information Science Research Literature is Chiefly Descriptive and Relies Heavily on Survey and Content Analysis Methods. Evidence Based Library And Information Practice, 10(4), 215-217. doi:10.18438/B8TS4N
Coates, H. L. (2015). Developing Countries Lag Behind the US and UK in Contributing to Institutional Repository Literature, Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 10(2), 161-163. doi:10.18438/B8XC7K
Coates, H. L. (2014). Surveying North American Academic Library Websites for Instructional Outreach and Delivery Reveals a Broad Range of Approaches Employed, Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 9(4), 61-63. doi:10.18438/B85P6G
Coates, H. L. (2014). Ensuring research integrity: The role of data management in current crises, College & Research Libraries News. Access the article
Coates, H. L. (2014). Critical Thinking Exercises in the Classroom are Helpful but not Sufficient for Improving Critical Thinking Test Scores, Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 9(2), 25-27. doi:10.18438/B84K64
Coates, H. (2013). Academic historians in Canada report both positive and negative attitudes towards e-books for teaching and research, Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 8(4), 148-150. doi:10.18438/B87C8R
Coates, H. (2013). Exploring the Disconnect Between Information Literacy Skills and Self-Estimates of Ability in First-Year Community College Students, Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 8(2), 264-266. doi:10.18438/B8KP5T
Coates, H. (2009). Autism Spectrum Disorders – Wading through the controversies on the web. Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 28(3), 259-267. doi:10.1080/02763860903069987
- Coates, H. L. (2016). Training researchers how to manage data to produce better results, enable reuse, and provide for long-term access. In S. Hoffman (Ed.) Dynamic Research Support for Academic Libraries. London: Facet Publishing. Purchase or download the preprint.
Invited Blog Posts
- Coates, H. L. (2015). Advice from a librarian: How to do successful altmetrics outreach. Available at http://www.altmetric.com/blog/advice-from-a-librarian/.
- Coates, H. L. (2015). Planning an altmetrics workshop: Themes to emphasize. Available at http://www.altmetric.com/blog/planning-an-altmetrics-workshop-themes-to-emphasize/.
- Mahoui, M., Jones, J., Zollinger, D., Andersen, K., Coates, H. (2008). Leveraging user search behavior to design personalized browsing interfaces for healthcare Web sites. American Medical Informatics Annual Symposium Proceedings, 6, 994.
- Korzekwa, P. A., Swiezy, N. B., Stuart, M. L., Pozdol, S., Hume, K., & Coates, H. (2007). Product rating: An evaluation of IEP, BIP, and permanent product samples as an outcome in professional training. Paper presented at the Association for Behavior Analysis International Annual Convention, San Diego, CA.
- Johnson, S. A., Lutgring, J., Burt, R., Murphy, R. R., Theiner-Schumacher, P., Coates, H., Yechiam, E., & Stout, J. C. (2005). Skin Conductance Responses during the Iowa Gambling Task in Asperger’s Disorder. Presented at the 2005 annual meeting of the Cognitive Neuroscience Society, New York, NY.
- ACRL Research Planning & Review Committee. (2017). Environmental Scan 2017. Access the report
- Odell, J., Coates, H., Palmer, K. (2016). Rewarding open access scholarship in promotion and tenure: Driving institutional change. College and Research Libraries News, 77(7), 322-325. Access the column
- ACRL Research Planning & Review Committee. (2016). 2016 top trends in academic libraries: A review of the trends and issues affecting academic libraries in higher education. College and Research Libraries News, 77(6), 274-281. Access the report
- Coates, H. (2007). Social networking sites as a means of access to health information. Consumer Connections, 23(3), e1. Access the article
- Coates, H. (2007). Integrating patient-centered care and evidence-based practices: What is the prognosis for healthcare? Coates_2007_PatientCenteredCareEBP_S653